Saturday, March 5, 2011

Product Review: Golf For Dummies DVD

Golf for Dummies

First things first.  I know it has been a while since I have posted anything up here and there is good reason for that.  My computer decided to take a dump on me, so I have been and continue to be without one.  So the updates will be few and far between until my computer gets fixed.  Onto the review:

Last week I decided to check out Golf for Dummies at the Grand Forks Library just because I needed my golf fix.  Believe it or not this DVD is good, really good!  First, of all it was done by Gary McCord.  You know the golf announcer?  I actually like Gary a lot and especially in this DVD.  The DVD covers the basics of almost everything from etiquette, to the grip, to the swing, to different parts of the course.  You can skip to a certain section or watch the whole DVD in full.  Gary teaches each well and with ease.  The one thing I really liked is all his training drills involved almost nothing except from time to time a 2"x4".  This makes these drills simple and inexpensive.  The extras section had a huge dictionary of golf terms that I found very informative and funny from time to time.  I loved almost everything about this DVD.  One thing I do wish this DVD did have, was the ability to go into each section in more detail.  This is a Golf for Dummies DVD thought not an all inclusive Golf information and lessons DVD series.  I enjoyed this DVD very much though, and watched it twice before I returned it.  I actually want this DVD as an Easter gift, because I liked it so much.  I suggest this DVD as a gift for any beginning or intermediate golfer, and for yourself it is a nice fun easy resource if you are having problems in any part of your golf game.  The DVD is around $10 on Amazon, and the book and DVD bundle is $29 which you can see below.  So go ahead take a look at it and buy it if you would like.  I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment