Friday, January 14, 2011

TOC and update/ Product Review Clubhouse Collection Electric Putting Partner, and Sony Open

Well as I'm sure most of you know that Jonathan Byrd won the Tournament of Champions in a playoff against Robert Garrigus.  Since i'm really late on updating about the tournament you can read more about it here if you would like.

I decided to treat myself on my way back to North Dakota and purchase myself an Electric Putting Partner from the Scheels in the St. Cloud Mall.  I guess I got a really good deal on it.  It was originally $14.99 on sale for $9.99.  The version they have on Amazon which looks exactly like the one I have other than the color is $17.99 so I guess I got a really good deal on it.
My Putting Partner
It works quite well.  It has returned the ball every time.  The only thing I don't get about it which I'm sure someone has an answer for, but I don't know why it has such a wide hole with it being numbered 1, 2, and 3 for each part of it.  It makes the hole slightly larger than a regular cup.  You could also shoot it up the ball return hole and it will still return the ball just fine.  This has so far helped me spend a little free time between classes, homework, and work.  Overall I think this is a good buy, and can help anyone keep their putting skills from getting rusty, or in my case improve my almost non-existent putting skills.  It also comes with a 90 day warranty, but I doubt I'll need that.  I'd say for $10 you should purchase this item but for the $18 Amazon wants you to pay I'd say don't do it.  It's a little to expensive at $18 because the only thing it does other than putting into a glass is it returns the ball to you, and it only does that if you make it into it.  So I guess in closing I'll say if you can get it for a deal it's worth it to buy it if not then just wait for it to be on sale.

The Sony Open is going on right now, but sadly I can't see it, because I don't have the Golf Channel.  If you have the Golf Channel I suggest you watch it, because one of my favorite golfers is golfing in it, John Daly.  He is one of those kind of people that makes golf interesting.  His chances of winning are slim, but I still cheer for him anyway.

In ending I'd like to apologize for being so long before I posted this.  I have been quite busy with the new semester of school starting for me and have been getting that in order.  Also if anyone reading this is a hockey fan.  The Fighting Sioux are taking on their huge rivals the Gophers tonight at The Ralph.  I'll be there for sure, because it is always and exciting hockey series.  Here is a picture of the arena I took today.  It's snowing pretty good so I hope they don't cancel the game.  I'm sure the game will be on FSN in North Dakota, Minnesota, and part of Wisconsin.
The Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment